Physical Therapist Assistants
- Instruct, motivate, safeguard, and assist patients as they practice exercises or functional activities.
- Confer with physical therapy staff or others to discuss and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, or coordinating treatment.
- Measure patients' range-of-joint motion, body parts, or vital signs to determine effects of treatments or for patient evaluations.
- Secure patients into or onto therapy equipment.
- Fit patients for orthopedic braces, prostheses, or supportive devices, such as crutches.
- Train patients in the use of orthopedic braces, prostheses, or supportive devices.
- Transport patients to and from treatment areas, lifting and transferring them according to positioning requirements.
- Monitor operation of equipment and record use of equipment and administration of treatment.
- Clean work area and check and store equipment after treatment.
- Assist patients to dress, undress, or put on and remove supportive devices, such as braces, splints, or slings.
The data sources for the information displayed here include: O*NET™; US Department of Labor (BLS); Virginia Workforce Connection. (Using onet27)
Projections Quick View:
National: No Data
Three: Medium Preparation Needed